"Show your succesful projects in the field of cultural heritage to the rest of Europe."
Heritage in Motion is a multimedia competition for the creators and users of films, games, apps and websites on themes related to Europe’s heritage, cultural and natural, tangible and intangible. Heritage in Motion grants awards and celebrates the best multimedia achievements and products – through varied, creative and innovative means - in order to draw attention to the value of Europe’s cultural and natural heritage in all its facets.
Europa Nostra and the European Museum Academy have taken the initiative jointly to launch Heritage in Motion. These two founding partner organisations felt the need to gather the best multimedia products and achievements at a European event, focussing specifically on themes related to the safeguarding and promotion of Europe’s heritage. Heritage in Motion is empowered by Europeana.
- To enhance the knowledge and understanding of Europe’s heritage among young and old.
- To improve access to Europe’s heritage, especially for young people.
- To attract and inspire the younger generation to experience their heritage.
- To link the experiential and perceptual world of young people to what is beautiful, through vision, discovery and interaction, both on-line and in real-time.
- To stimulate and encourage the guardians of Europe’s heritage and the makers of films, games and websites to share existing and to produce new multimedia material related to heritage.