De internationale conferentie heeft een aantal focusgebieden:
- Facts, emotions, narratives – ideas and practices of a narrative museum.
- Museums, archives and libraries as an interactive space – how to develop a relationship with visitors, practitioners of performing arts, and collectively contribute to an open society.
- Marketing and collection – developing exhibitions and an image for a library or collection.
- Theatre heritage institutions and the politics of memory – what narratives do we need and for what purpose?
- Canonical and alternative approaches to the archives and library collections on performing arts.
- Body and archive – documenting of “unpreservable” by museums, archives, libraries or artists themselves.
- Performing the past/reviving the narrative – collaboration between archives, museums, libraries on the one hand and artists on the other.
- The impact of policies, politics, and conventions on theatre and performing arts practices as well as its preservation.
- Ecology in the library, archive and museum – practicing care for the Earth; how do perform jobs and help save the planet.
Voor de conferentie is een call for proposals uitgeschreven.
Early-bird tickets zijn al beschikbaar, houd voor het programma de website van SIBMAS in de gaten.