Op 26 en 27 oktober 2011 organiseert KEEP (Keeping Emulation Environments Portable) een workshop over de technische en wettelijke aspecten van emulatie, in de context van digitale duurzaamheid. De workshop vindt plaats in de Koninklijke Bibliotheek (KB) te Den Haag. De voertaal is Engels.
“The Den Haag workshop shows the results of two years KEEP, as well as the main issues linked to transfer tools and emulation. It will also include demonstrations and invite participants to test the functionalities of the different tools developed within the project.
What will you learn?
• How to include emulation services in your business;
• What it takes to transfer data from old media carriers;
• Legal issues of old media and emulation;
• Working with the KEEP Emulation Framework (EF);
• What metadata is required for emulation;
• How to ensure portability with the KEEP Virtual Machine;
• Users and participant requirements and feedback.
Who should attend?
• Digital collection specialists
• Digital preservation officers
• Managers with interest to preserve data
• ICT specialists working on preservation activities
• Anyone with a professional, commercial or academic interest in the use of emulation tools and services
What is KEEP ?
KEEP (Keeping Emulation Environments Portable) is developing emulation services to enable accurate rendering of both static and dynamic digital objects: text, sound, and image files; multimedia documents, websites, databases, videogames etc.
The overall aim of the project is to facilitate universal access to our cultural heritage by developing flexible tools for accessing and storing a wide range of digital objects. KEEP will also consider legal issues concerning the implementation of emulation-based systems and propose solutions which comply with European and national copyright laws.”
Kosten en aanmelden
Het evenement is gratis bij te wonen, wel wordt er een bijdrage van 20eu verwacht om de lunch en koffie/thee op de twee dagen te bekostigen. Aanmelden is mogelijk via: http://keep-denhaag.eventbrite.com.